Our Medical Weight Loss Solutions
Our Concierge-Style Approach to Medical Weight Loss
Healthful Life MD does not currently accept major medical insurance to cover patient care. You may wonder, “Why don’t you take insurance?”
Unfortunately, weight loss solutions are poorly covered by insurance. Most major medical insurance policies do not include specialists, such as the registered dietitians, certified nutritionists, and personal trainers. Healthful Life MD uses all the above to create long-lasting solutions for our patients.
In a fee-for-service model, we provide our patients with exemplary personalized attention. We don’t over-book visits to cover costs, and this allows us to provide the highest quality of care and service. People deserve a physician who:
- Is present with them for more than the average amount of time
- Takes the time to listen and understand their needs and their particular situation
- Helps them understand the science of disease and wellness
- Coordinates their care with the other physicians with whom they are working
We love the freedom this provides us to spend ample time with our patients.
Say Goodbye to “One Size Fits All” Weight Loss Approach
A “one size fits all” to medical weight loss often does not provide long-lasting results. Our comprehensive approach to medical weight loss allows our patients to work with various experts working with different specialties.
You also benefit from the accountability and support from a team that embodies the values of Healthful Life MD. Every visit and interaction is our opportunity for our team to be on the same page while providing you with optimal care.
3 Phases Of Medical Weight Loss
To view this process and our approach to medical weight loss in detail, click here to download this PDF.
Phase I | Active Weight Loss
- Medical Assessment: Determines your current state of health.
- Nutritional Assessment with Registered Dietician: Assess food allergies, preferences, challenges, and specialized nutritional needs.
- Program Choice: We’ll find the best plan for you…whether you prefer certain food, meal replacements, or a combination of both solutions.
- One-on-One Personalized Meetings with your nutritionist
- Follow up Appointments with one of our physicians to monitor health and progress
- Fitness Assessment to structure an exercise program that fits your individual needs.
- Regular Follow-ups with a Certified Personal Trainer to advance your fitness goals.
- In-home personal meal instruction from a chef specializing in culinary nutrition.
- Recommended Behavioral Assessment and Support for specific emotional needs.
Phase II | Transitional
We help you transition from calorie and nutritional programs to a weight maintenance approach for lifelong nutritional health.
Phase III | Maintenance and Enjoying the Lifestyle You Desire
We provide continued follow-up to support you in maintaining your weight loss and health. Research shows that people who are able to maintain their weight loss for at least two years will usually keep it off for life. We will be present for that journey to support your success.